Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Catching up 06142016 WOD

I know I know...I have been slacking so much.  I have been trying to get in the gym but it has been hard.  Work has been busy with travel and events it has really been a chore to get in and get it done.

After this week things shall calm down and I should be able to be more consistent..and with that..be able to log my workouts better.

Here is this morning's workout.

WARM UP
3 x 10
Squats, Jumping Jacks and Scorpions

SKILL
EMOM - 8 minutes
5 x Power Snatches at 75#
*used this for a warm up and get my shoulders warmed up and core stability, lower back etc.  This type of rep and workout is not meant for PR or going too heavy. It is meant in my opinion as a tech drill to get the form and muscle memory down.

WOD
15 min AMRAP
5 x Renegade Rows @ 30# DBs
10 x Kettlebell Swings @ 44lbs
15 x Box Step Ups @ 24"
100m Farmer Walks w 30# DBs

I completed 3 rounds + 15 reps
This was at Level 3 weight.  Again, I made a decision to go lighter to try and keep moving. The load is easy I could of went Rx but for sure I would of went slower.  I did everything unbroken except the box step ups. I am slow on those..but everything including the 100m was just unbroken never putting down the DB at all.

I felt good after...good sweat good movement and moderate to light weight.  I am ok with that.

No comments: