Tuesday, April 5, 2016

04052016 Tuesday WOD

Today is day 2 of my scaling everything down to keep moving. I think it worked...worked ok.

WARM UP
3 x 10
Squats
Lunges
Jumping Jacks
Scorpions

SKILL
Front Squat - find 1 rep max
*I couldnt go MAX this morning. I just went to a heavy-ish single.  For a max effort attempt I need to be more awake and better warmed up.  So...yeah.

Then 5 x 3 at 185lbs

WOD
5 Rounds For Time
15 x Power Cleans @ 75lbs
15 x Box Jumps @ 24"
15 x Goblet Squats @ 53lbs

I did this at L3...and finished in 16:18.
In my head I wanted to be sub 15 mins.

I know for sure the lighter loads helped here. I was unbroken on the power cleans and the squats I rested but did not drop the kettlebell.  Now I can "easily" powerclean 95lbs which was Rx but a 70lb goblet squat would of killed me or taken 20 min for sure.

I tried my best to keep moving and take shorter rests.  We shall see how this goes for the rest of the month.

No comments: