Tuesday, October 20, 2015

10202015 Tuesday WOD

Went in for a little barbell fun. It was not fun....not at all.

Usual warm up...roll the back and legs and glutes, stretch a little
Empty Bar RDL x 10 (2)
Empty Bar Deads x 10 (2)


DEADLIFT
135lbs x 10 (2)
225lbs x 5 (2)
315lbs x 2 (3)



WOD
10 x Strict Press
15 x OHS - FAIL Skipped it
20 x Push Press
25 x Front Squat
30 x Push Jerk
35 x Back Squat
@ 115lbs

DONE - 20:05

OK Let me explain...I overestimated myself. I thought I could pretty easily do this workout.  But...I dont think I warmed up enoug...in fact I KNOW I did not.  The strict press should of been UNBROKEN but I dropped it at 5 reps.
I then tried the OHS and failed. I could not even get the weight overhead...and when I did I could not hold it...and had to put my straps on. I wasted so much time tinkering with the wrist wraps only to fail the squats. I just skipped it and moved on...not after wasting precious seconds and a couple minutes.  I almost wanted to just give up. But I figured just move on.  So I pushed through the workout.  I am NOT happy with my time. I know I could and should do better. I can probably knock this out in sub 15 minutes.  Ugh.

I am going to work on my OHS. I have to. I cant let that be my worst movement nest to thrusters or cleans.  Tomorrow I am going to work on snatch balance and OHS.  Just do that complex of maybe 2 and 2 until I fail. I have to...I have to...I have to.

I am determined to get my OHS up to par. I should be able to at least rep out 115lbs...I know I can do 75lbs and 95lbs.  SO FRUSTRATING!!!

No comments: