Monday, October 19, 2015

10192015 Monday Bro Sesh

Walk into the box thinking ok what is the WOD going to be tonight...only to be roped into another BRO SESSION.  OK...peer pressure is a bitch aint it?



Bench Warm Up = *side note, so my strength program is going to take a backseat another week. I am busy this coming weekend (more on that later....) so I figured it is not going to be worth it. So I will consider this the 2nd "deload" week from the program. I will start fresh again the week of Halloween.

135lbs x 10 (2)
185lbs x 5 (2)
205lbs x 5 (2)

Then me and the other 3 dudes at the box...did this...this is MY workout. The others scaled and modified their own version.

"DT"
Scaled @ 135lbs
5 Rounds for Time
12 x Deadlift
9 x Hang Cleans
6 x Shoulder to overhead

In between each round perform 2 x Strict Ring Dips and 2 x Strict Pull Ups.

DONE = 19:00 minutes.

Now I can strict pull up to about 5 w relative ease.  Any more than that I need to kip.  So I was A OK on the pull ups.

I needed to practice and work on my strict ring dips anyway so it worked out.  I never understood "kipping ring dips" it just never made sense to me...but oh wells...I will keep to the old fashioned strict version.

This workout was pretty good. It worked and taxed 2 totally completely different systems in your body.  It sucked during but afterwards I did feel good.

Now time to rest..and enjoy this RAINY NIGHT in LA!!  I do love the rain....I love the sound and the smell...I hope it rains throughout the night.  

No comments: