Sunday, July 12, 2015

07112015 Jump Ropes and WOD

Busy busy Saturday!

Today was definitely one of gorgeous So Cal days...perfect for a drive out to FONTUCKY!

LOL..it wasnt that bad.  My and my 2 fellow Crossfit friends took a very cool and educational Jump Rope Clinic hosted by Rx Smart Gear!  IMO one of the best jump ropes out there. I love mine...



The class was great and I learned alot. I have alot to practice for sure. I was told what I need to practice is JUMPING HIGHER. The instructor said my only problem is height.  Everything else was on point..which was such an ego and confidence builder.  I know various drills and things I can practice.  Hope I get them soon!

After eating and heading home...I did my usual chores...laundry and cleaning the house.  I went in for a WOD.

I was planning on doing just this first part of the monster mash...as Rx but it did not turn out that way...

FOR TIME

400m Run
45 x Back Squat @ 115lbs
400m Run
30 x Front Squat @ 115lbs
400m Run
15 x Overhead Squat @ 45lbs (empty bar)

32:52

I could of and should of done that workout in under 30.

I did not warm up enough...so when I did the 45 squats, it killed my lower back...so on my last 2 runs, I basically walked them...and slow. I know I could of done a lot better.  And the last part...the OHS I was hoping to do it Rx..but I had to go to the empty bar...it was too much for my elbow and left arm started to tingle a bit...so it was not worth it to push it.

Tomorrow is squat day..so that should be good.  Let's see how that goes.

The road to recovery is slow and frustrating. SUCKS.





No comments: