Sunday, July 5, 2015

07052015 Sunday Squat Day - USA!

Ahhh..the day after the 4th of July.  The SUMMER is here!  Had a nice long weekend (Friday off) and spent the weekend with friends and family.  Who could ask for anything else?  Maybe being able to lift right? Right...



So...as my left arm is healing quite nicely. The bruising is on the lower end of my arm.  I am about 95% mobility and I can hold myself up now I am feeling better. I am still going to follow the Doctor's order and rest for at least another week.  Then I will begin slow stead weight in the presses and overhead.  Since I am pretty much a T Rex at the gym I have been really concentrating on legs.  Squatting, box step ups, lunges, GHD, back extension, back hypers etc.  That is pretty much all I can do.

I have been really enjoying squatting more....here is today's quick workout.

WARM UP
Stretch
Empty Bar twists
Empty Bar good mornings
Empty Bar x 10 back squats (2)
135lbs x 10 (2)

WORKING SET
185lbs x 5
225lbs x 5 - begin *Low Bar position
275lbs x 3

315lbs 3 x 3

The goal strength wise for me is to be able to hit 315lbs and have it feel like 225lbs.  Where it is still heavy and challenging but I can put it on and not have to worry about it.  Right now it feels really heavy and although I can get through it...I really need to focus and get into a zone to squat over 300. I want 315 to be almost a warm up weight...where it FEELS FAMILIAR.  That is my goal. I am planning on keep working up to and with 315.  Just vary my reps, do box squats, try pausing for singles etc.  Until 315 is NOTHING!!!

Good session today. I am happy.

No comments: