Sunday, June 21, 2015

06212015 Father's Day Skwaat Day




Happy Father's Day to all the dad's out there. I personally dont give a F*ck about today..since my sad excuse for a pops was gone since about 6th grade/7th grade.  So I dont care.  But everyone else please enjoy!

In honor of this meaningless day to me...I figured I would hurt myself with some old school PAIN.  I did some HYPERTROPHY work on my squat, all in an effort to thrash my legs.

In case you dont know what Hypertrophy is here is the def:

hypertrophy
[hahy-pur-truh-fee] 

Word Origin
noun, plural hypertrophies.
1.abnormal enlargement of a part or organ; excessive growth.
2.excessive growth or accumulation of any kind.

or

specifically...

Hypertrophy-Specific Training (HST) is a method of strength training intended to induce the fastest muscle growth, or hypertrophy, possible, without losing efficacy over an extended period of time, and without the use of anabolic steroids.

So I did an old school meat head bro rep scheme....I did

135lbs back squat for 10 x 10.  Which if you do the math is 100 reps.
With only a 1 min rest in between sets.

This makes it a bit met-conish...that limits my rest.

The first half was no problem I was moving the weight fast and good.  But around set 8 to 10 it got bad. My last 10 were a lot of singles.  Oh man.  I know my legs will be crying tomorrow.  These little shocks to the regular workouts help shake things up. I was feeling I was hitting a plateau or wall. Every Sunday 315lbs felt heavy and I felt slow.  Hopefully, this will change everything.  Good stuff.

Ready to start the week!






No comments: