Saturday, May 16, 2015

05162015 Fail Fridays

UGH!! So horrible...not a good workout for me. TERRIBLE.
I did badly... not good at all.

WARM UP
400m Run
3 x 100m Run
10 x jumping jacks
10 x push ups
10 x lunges

SKILL
Max Dead - 405lbs
I probably could of went to my PR of 425lbs but there was not enough time and not enough plates to go around.  So I settled for 405lbs which was the most of the class. This one the one and only light in my workout. The only....it was a bad day.

WOD
3 Rounds For Time
10 x Squat Cleans @ 155lbs
20 x Box Jumps @ 24"
30 x Sit ups
15 min time cap

Ok...what do you see?  This was the worst for me...Squat Cleans...I cant do them....and Sit ups...I always cramp up...so I do my best.

I went L3 at 115lbs...I barely did it. I pretty much POWER CLEANED the whole workout. I bro repped and half squatted my fat ass through that painful workout.

So the timeless question comes up...should I of:
A - lowered the weight so I could actually do a Squat Clean probably 95lbs
or
B - kept the L3 or even Rx and "modified" to a Power Clean?  Now Power Clean is actually more difficult than normal clean since you are not going as low to help get under the bar.

My mistake was I did neither...I half assed a too heavy weight and didnt do either movement correctly.  FAIL.

On to the Box Jumps...so usually I am fine doing my step ups on a 24" box.  But I used the ONE box in the box that is actually HIGHER than 24".  I think this box is maybe 26 or 28" tall.  Just a touch taller.  But you can totally FEEL IT.  I did 2 rounds on it..and man my hips were on fire.  They were awake....man..were they awake.  Last round I went back down to a normal 20" box....ehh..

Now...Sit ups...ugh...since I cant do those I opted to do Knees to Chest..which is again...actually a HARDER movement than normal sit ups.  This was probably the best movement I did all night.

Such a bad workout for me tonight...I am not happy at all.

No comments: