Friday, February 20, 2015

02202014 Happy Friday

4:45AM

Yup....my 2nd time going in before class and getting my #WOD in.  The morning is really tough and I usually LOVE working out in the AM.  I like it..but when I am by myself and I need to do a metcon/cardio workout it is hard doing it alone.  I need the energy of the class and people.  But the opposite is true when I am lifting. I can lift in silence and alone.  Heck some Sundays in Open Box I like the silence and get to have the bars and weights all to myself.

But yeah...waking up this early really really really takes discipline and I am struggling in only 2 workouts.  But I had to get in..I missed this whole week due to horrible traffic driving in from work. My commute now takes an average...read that again AVERAGE of 1.5 hours.  It is brutal.  I am taking a new strategy moving forward...as long as I rest 2 days a week I am going to go in whenever I can. If the traffic gods are nice and I get home in time I am going in. I am no longer going to WAIT for a rest day or a workout day. If I am home in time I am going in. I cannot depend on what days and traffic to agree.  I figure I am going to be sporadic in and out of the box moving forward.  Sigh...


WARM UP
1500m Row
nice and slow and steady to warm up.

Stretch

Movements - cleans and front squats
Empty Bar, 95# and 135# couple reps of each a couple times.

WOD
I did yesterday's wod today...

4 RFT
4 x Cleans
4 x Front Squats
4 x Shoulder to Overhead
@ 155lbs = L2
DONE - 9:19

Rx was 205lbs which was way too heavy
L3 was 185lbs and also a tad too heavy

BUT....155lbs was a tad light.  I could of finished faster but I dogged it.  It was early I was tired and did not take any stimulants.  I was afraid of taking any PWO as I did not want to be amped so early.  Maybe I will next time..not sure....but yeah it was light and I could of went heavier.

Now time to get ready for work!!!

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!

No comments: