Wednesday, December 24, 2014

12242014 Christmas Eve WOD

Merry Xmas all!

I walked in expecting a "normal" #wod but of course things change.

In the CrossFit community many boxes were doing a "12 Days of Crossfit" which exactly what it sounds.  Using the Christmas carol, you choose 12 movements and do them like the song.  I originally thought the wod was something that was already programmed but instead it is an open workout where each box can program how they wanted.  As long as you follow the sequence.  Here is what I did..or tried.

class was starting in 30 min..we had a unofficial 25 min time cap.  None of us finished.

1 x Deadlift @ 115#    Rx was 135# - you use one bar throughout.
2 x Hang Clean
3 x Push Jerk
4 x Back Squat
5 x Burpee
6 x Front Squat
7 x Pull Ups
8 x Goblet squats @ 44#   Rx was 53#
9 x Wall Balls
10 x Squat Clean
11 x Toes 2 Bar
12 x Muscle Ups

So...for those that are still confused...you perform each like the song.
do 1 x deadlift
then do 2 x Hang cleans + 1 x Deadlift
then do 3 x Push Jerks + 2 x Hang Cleans + 1 Deadlift
then do 4 x Back Squats +  3 x Push Jerks + 2 x Hang Cleans + 1 Deadlift
and so on until you get to the 12th movement.

Having only 25 minutes the farthest someone got was to the 11 x Toes 2 Bar.

I got to 10 x Squat Cleans which I did power since I cannot squat clean and 8 x wall balls.  Not too bad at least I completed the 10th movement.

This was brutal...and I did not even had a chance to warm up. I walked in and jumped into the workout...it was crazy.  Talk about not being ready...but being ready for anything.  Crossfit makes you prepped for sure.  I walked in..and got into the workout.

It can be dangerous to not warm up properly...so yes please dont do crazy things like this.  I was careful and I know my body and what I can handle.

It was good...I killed it for 25 minutes of pure work.

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!!!

Rest day Rest day Rest day!!!!

No comments: