Thursday, November 27, 2014

11272014 HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

OMG...what a way to earn my dinner.



9AM class...a nice way to ease into dinner right?  Ugh...put it this way 95% of the class DNF (DID NOT FINISH)
1 team finished
1 team finished at 1;30 past cap.
Rest of us...way far behind...not even worth it...

WARM UP
400m Run
3 x
10 x push up
10 x jumpin jacks
10 x squats
200m run
*I only did 2...there I admit it.  WOMP!

WOD
Teams of 2
4 RFT

30 x Burpee Box Jumps
50 x KBS @ 35#
50 x Goblet Squat @ 35#
50 x Wall Balls @ 14#

30 min time cap

my partner and I finished 3 rounds plus 18 burpee box jumps.
We scaled appropriately to FINISH...and well we did not.  We couldn't go any lighter..it just took us and the rest of the class too long.  Like I said, Only one team actually finished under the time cap....so I dont feel so bad.  It was hard.

Now...after finishing the above..you would think OK..that is more than enough..lets go eat!

But now...PEER PRESSURE #1

"hey we are going to do the mash..."  Ugh...shit...OK...EFF IT...let's do it.

Soooo...we did the mash...

Monster Mash

I linked the as Rx above...I scaled a couple things but we DID NOT SCALE the weights.  Everything that includes a barbell was done as Rx!!!  Here is what I did:

AMRAP 3 minutes:
5 Back Squats 255/165
5 Bar Muscle-ups - scaled to strict pull ups
AMRAP 3 minutes:
40 Double-unders - scaled to 80 singles
4 Clean & Jerks 155/105
AMRAP 3 minutes:
7 Hang Power Snatch 95/65
14 Air Squats
AMRAP 3 minutes:
14/10 Calories Rowing
7 Burpees over the rower
*Rest 3 minutes between AMRAPs
*Do all 4 AMRAPs, then repeat.

No one really kept "score" per se...we just tried out best.  I did keep notes but I am not going to post them here,..no need to humiliate myself anymore...but I did it, I finished it.

OK...now the 4 of us...that did the mash...tired AF.  Beat...we did a WOD and  now we did the mash.

Then one my so called friends suggests...hey since the back squat bar is all set at 255# lets to 100 reps between the 4 of us...basically 4 x 25.  Cool?

Umm..NOPE...you all have fun.  I am OUT.

PEER PRESSURE # 2

COME ON IRVING!!! Let's go!!  So we embark on a Round Robin style 1 rep each conga line at 255# to do 100 reps.

After the first 3...FINALLY some LOGIC played in and we dropped it to 15 each...so 60 reps between the 4 of us.  15 sets....

Then...we decided to go heavier.  Here is how it broke down.

1-10 Reps @ 255#
11-14 Reps @ 275#
15th Rep @ 300#

Umm...yeah...that is what we did.

DAMN THAT PEER PRESSURE!!!!

Talk about VOLUME....we did A LOT...like A LOT A LOT A LOT.

I am beat...going to throw down at dinner and not feel a shred of guilt...take my ZMAs before bed and sleep like a baby.  Have a wonderful Thanksgiving all...and PEACE!!!


No comments: