Friday, November 21, 2014

11212014 Friday Rx Wod

I do feel this weird pride when doing a wod as Rx. It is so stupid but it is super mental.  In crossfit, there are 100s of articles that discuss this phenomenon, chasing the elusive "as Rx" title after your name on the white board.

As a beginner crossfitter (from 0-3 years) they always caution chasing the Rx and not getting hurt by doing so.

I admit, I chase it sometimes and when I can CONFIDENTLY do a #WOD as Rx I feel pride.  Tonight was one of those nights.

WARM UP
400m run

3 Rounds
10 x squats
10 x push ups
15 x jumping jacks
100m run

Stretch

SKILL

Front Squat
5 x 3 - work to heavy 3
165#
*I had to use the Barbell Shrugged technique of using straps to get my front rack/elbows up position. I am not strong on the front squat or thrusters because I have no front rack.

WOD
3 RFT

400m Run

20 x Clean and Jerks

*****Rx - 95#!!!!!*****

Done in 15:42
not too bad...

Obviously the run slowed me down the worst. I walked/jogged about 1/2 so I could rest enough to go in and smash the C&J.  I know I can hit the 95# pretty easily so first 2 rounds I was able to go 10 x 2 pretty quick...but the last round, I did 10, 5 and 5.

Very happy about tonight's WOD!

No comments: