Saturday, May 3, 2014

05032014 Saturday WOD

Sunshine in Los Angeles....starting the morning sweating by just walking out of the door.
This has been one of those fairy tale So Cal weeks. We have had sunshine, blue skies and 80-90 degree weather.  I had a terrible workout last night and wanted to make up for it today.  Here is how I did today:

8:00AM - 45 minutes

Indo Row Class
my last one...cue tears and sad music.  I have had 24 weeks of indo row every Saturday morning since last year.  I have had numerous rebuys and it is over now. I will be on the lookout for more.  I am sure they will Groupon another special.  I was sad to say good bye to the ladies in class.  Had a good "warm up."

10:00AM - 11:00AM
Highland Park Crossfit

WARM UP
2 x
10 x Push Up
10 x Jumping Jacks
10 x Squat
10 x Sit up

Stretching

SKILL

Partner Run
400m
800m
Luckily my partner was a fast runner.  We finished in 12:22
I was the slowest one...but my partner made it all up.  SO HAPPY!  Thanks Rolando!!

WOD
21-15-9
Plate Squat
Russian Twist
Plate Burpee

25' Walking Lunges with Plate Overhead in between each set

Rx @ 45#
L3 @ 25#

I went L3 and finished in 11:53 - YAY!!!

CASH OUT
Tabata - Sit Ups and Plank Hold


11:00AM - 12:00PM
I stayed after class and used the time to work on some accessory lifts.
I did this..

Snatch Grip Deadlift + 3 x High Shrugs - 3x each

Loads @ = 95# - 115# - 135# - 155# - 185#

Strict Pull Ups

I got 11 done.  I did 6 then I did 5.
I was trying to video it for posterity but my friend did not record the first time I hit the 6.  So I did it again and only could do 5.  I will try and video it tomorrow during open box.

GREAT DAY!!!



No comments: