Saturday, April 12, 2014

04122014 Running Sucks

Happy Saturday folks!

Here is how the morning went for me...

8:00AM - INDO ROW

today we had a sub for class and she has been rowing since she was in 4th grade or something. So she knows ROWING...actual rowing vs rowing for fitness.  We spend an hour going over and really pushing technique. It was pretty good. At the end of class I rowed a cumulative 7K.  Not bad considering a "normal" class I row about 5K.  Definitely good to mix it up something and learn and concentrate on different things.  Our usual instructor is great but she is not a rower, so she focuses on other things, this morning we pushed so much technique and efficiency it was great to see it translate on the numbers.  It was a good class and looking forward to her next week as she will be subbing again.
1 hour class..because we spent some time yapping on technique.


10:00AM  - CROSSFIT
Went to the box for the 10AM class and man...who would of thunk we would be RUNNING SO MUCH!!!  ARRRGH!!! I hate running!!!!

WARM UP
400m Run
Stretching

SKILL
Partner Run
200m
400m
600m
800m
So one partner runs whiles one rests. As you complete your meters you tag out your partner and they run the meters.  We came in at 22:04.  Mainly because of me. I was so slow...I apologized to my partner.

WOD
Cash in - 400m run
8 RFT (rounds for time)
8 pull ups (subbed for jumping pull ups)
8 push ups
8 squats
Cash out - 400m run
20:33 was my time

I swear I probably haven't ran so much in easily 6 months or longer.  *Sad Panda*

No comments: