Saturday, September 21, 2013

Saturday 09212013 WOD

Met some friends at the ol high school this morning for a good workout. For the last 3 weeks I have been only doing some sporadic lifting. Bench, Squats and Deadlifts mainly so it was nice to get a good sweat and have that heart beat again.  Today was the recharge I needed...my body needed.  It was great...and what better to do with good friends that inspire you.  I had it all this AM.  Good times indeed.

WARM UP
10 mins of stretching and getting blood moving.

WOD - this is modified because of the persistent pain in my foot. I am happy I was able to make it as much as I could.

Run 1 lap
50 walking lunges
20 6 count burpees
Run 1 lap
50 squats
50 sit ups
Run 1 lap
25 walking lunges
10 6 count burpees
Run 1 lap
50 squats
50 sit ups

my friends finished up and did 3 x stair sprints but I stayed back to stretch....afterwards we cooled down, stretched and chatted it up.  I had a timer and everyone finished around 35-30 mins. I was more like 45 mins because the run always slows me down.  Everything else was good for me.

Really a good day...afterwards headed to breakfast and had something very healthy!  Turkey, Spinach, Brown Rice scramble with home fries and an Arnold Palmer.  Not a bad Saturday at all....good stuff!

No comments: