Thursday, June 6, 2013

Last night's quickie - 06052013

Went in for a quick and light movement session....

I started a new "program" of sorts last night. I needed to focus on what goals I wanted to reach and concentrate on the things I like to do and want to get better at.  I made a list and decision that what I like is lifting.  Not just the dumb gorilla jail lifting like curling and benching all the time but the more difficult and skill based lifts.  I want to be "good" at:

Clean
Jerk
Deadlift
Snatch
Squat

and all the variations of the above....what does that mean?  Well I spoke to my coach and just laid it out.  I dont care to ever run a mile in under 10 mins, I dont care to do 100 burpees in 7 mins.  Of course there is a BASELINE of cardio and aerobic proficiency that I need, but I no longer want to or need to "train" for it.  Instead I want to practice and train for these lifts...which means lots and lots of stretching and mobility.

My new schedule is going to be like this...
2 xs a week, I will continue going to the bootcamp style workouts.  Here is where I will get my aerobic/cardio in. I will do my "met cons" here in a group setting.

1-2x a week either on my own or at Performance Strength and Conditioning. I will focus like 60% on my mobility.  and then TECHNIQUE TECHNIQUE TECHNIQUE...I need to get my form down before anything else....

Warm Up
ROW 1500 - 6:46
Slow and steady...

Stretching and Mobility - 20 mins
This took alot of time..but was worth it.
I did Hamstrings, Hip Flexors, Ankles

Push Jerk Practice

Position, Technique and Movement
bar x 5
95lbs x 5
115lbs x 5 (2 sets)
135lbs x 5

Had to keep my torso upright, push knees forward and out for the dip.
Need to work on explosiveness on the hips and drive. "Punch the ceiling!"

Good stuff...let's see how it progresses.

No comments: