Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Squat Snatch Practice - 04102013

Went in today to do some technique and technique only.  Today I worked on the infamous (cue dread music..dum dum dum)



SQUAT SNATCH
Definitely one of the hardest moves, not only to learn but to teach as well.  This is a pretty advanced move and if any of you reading this think you can walk into globo gym and just start, dont do it. You will probably get hurt. I am lucky that I can actually practice this in a controlled space where I can drop the weight if needed and have someone there to coach me, watch me and make sure I dont hurt myself.

There are tons of videos on how to do this..I just picked a couple, do your own research if you want to learn more!





**UPDATE**
Actually watch this one....this from the Olympic Lifting Coach for the USA!!!


Here is what I did:

Warm Up
Row 1K
Jump Rope 10 mins - singles and double under practice

SQUAT SNATCH PRACTICE
*I used the 35lb women's bar for today, coach was using the oly bar for this workout

35lbs bar only - singles
making sure I am extending as best I can and getting as low as I can

55 lbs x 5
65lbs x 10

1 snatch/clean extension to hang position to squat snatch =  1 rep
85 lbs x 5

Note that all the above are done as singles.  Focusing on form and technique. No need to go for a PR when you cannot even do it correctly right?  So I kept the weight real light and practiced practiced practiced!!!


My peeps...


No comments: