Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving - My Riff on Turkey Dinner

This year, my family and I decided to NOT make a turkey.  Kinda takes a long time and we are a small group.  This year it was 4 of us. 3 really as 1 was my girlfriend.  So I decided to make one of my all time favorite dishes.

TURKEY MEATLOAF!

How perfect!  So here it is kids...YUMMY!

Turkey Meatloaf

This was my first time wrapping bacon around it.  Glad I did...woohooo!

Turkey Meatloaf


here it is DONE...and let me tell you it was DELICIOUS!  If I do say so myself...everyone loved it.  So I am happy!

Turkey Meatloaf - done

man oh man...yummy!

Turkey Meatloaf - done

My sister made fresh/real mash potatoes, green beans, stuffing and of course we needed rice and some gravy too!

Now on to some dessert!

Dessert

WOW...lovely.

Shaker's Famous Carrot Cake - it really is great.  The best carrot cake I have ever had period.

Shakers Carrot Cake

Portos Apple Pie
Portos Apple Pie

Portos Pumpkin Pie
Portos Pumpkin Pie

let me just say it...that is the BEST pumpkin pie I have ever had.  It is SOOO GOOD.  Very pumpkiny and some cinnamon etc.  Just perfect.  My mom loved it as well and we are planning on getting another. I had to call Portos to see when they are going to stop making them.  I will have to freeze one for later in the year.  I swear it is that good.

Now you may think..wow..that is alot of dessert...and it is.  But I was pretty good.  I only ate the pumpkin on Thanksgiving.  I refrained from the apple and carrot cake.  I was doing my best to be good.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

No comments: