Sunday, September 30, 2012

Weekend WOD - 09292012 and 09302012

I had to split my workout this weekend.  I joined LA FITNESS for better or for worst.

I had no time to get all my workout done so I split it...here is the deal...

SATURDAY WOD
Warm Up
Stretch
row 1000m - slow for warmup 4:20

PUSH PRESS - build to heavy 5 touch and go in 10 min
bar x 10
95lbs x 10
WOD
 115lbs x 5
135lbs x 5
145lbs x 5
155lbs x 5

Had to leave....

SUNDAY WOD
Warm up
Stretch
row 1000m -  slow for warmup 4:25

FRONT SQUAT 2 x 4  *going LIGHT and focus on technique
bar x 10
65lbs x 10
WOD
75lbs x 2
85lbs x 2
95lbs x 2
115lbs FAIL went back to 95lbs to finish x 2

TREADMILL PUSH
with the treadmill OFF, get the treadmill rubber moving with your own power...do this:
30 sec on  30 sec off.

Let me tell you that Treadmill push was BAD ASS!  Man what a great workout!  I loved it..and plan on using this in my rotation for warm or cool downs.

Finished up by stretching and using the rumble roller. Spent 10 mins on quads, calves and then went back on calves as that is a problem area for me.  Good day!

Now do I like the gym?  It is OK...I guess it is the exact opposite of BIM PASADENA.  At BIM, the joke as since I knew everyone it was so easy to be distracted.  You do one set and talk to a friend for 10 mins.  Here, I know NO ONE...so I need to be really disciplined and get my workout done.  There is no one there to tell me to hurry up or to motivate.  I need to motivate myself....weird!

I will see how it goes...but the equipment is there and lots of stuff to choose from. Lots of room.  I do miss my old gym and everyone in it....

No comments: