Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Neera Cleanse - The Week After....

Today is Wednesday 08152012...exactly one week since my cleanse/fast/detox.

How am I doing?  Let's say not too bad...at least in my own eyes.  This morning's weigh in...

221.8 lbs

that is about 11lbs, still from the original 12 I lost.  Throughout this week my weight has gone as high as 225.  So I am within range, I hope to keep 5-8lbs off permanently.  I plan on doing this would BETTER food choices, portion control and the relatively new concept known as Intermittent Fasting. I wont go into that as it would take forever...so google it and read about for yourself.  But basically it is a selective fast...where you take the optimum time to NOT eat and keep your body in a fat burning/efficient state as well as continue to detox and release crap from your system.  Again, I am still reading about it...but so far since I have fasted for 5 days, it is easier for me to go 8-12 hours without eating.  I have always seemed to function quite well in the morning's with no breakfast no coffee nothing.  Just get to work...and have my first meal at lunch.  That used to be thought of as soooo bad for you. It can be...for sure if you do that and gorge yourself at lunch and dinner.  But after a fast it is much easier to skip meals.  At least for me...so far.

Quickly...my key learnings and downfalls thus far...

 - I ate bad.  OK..so what...I suck as a human.  I made some SPAM fried rice with zucchini and eggs and sweet corn and it was GREAT!

- I suck even more...I had my first legit meal after the cleanse at a Peruvian spot in Eagle Rock I love.  I had their 1/4 Chicken plate with rice and french fries....SIN!  I know...how could I?  SO HORRIBLE!  BUT IT WAS SOOOOO GOOD!

- I am still hyper aware of what I am eating for good or bad....

- I still get full faster and with less food thus eating less overall

- I can now fast or go without eating much longer and not 'crash'

- had a great workout last night and plan on getting back to my training ASAP and see how I do 10lbs lighter across all of the movements.

I know some of you hate the poop talk but I have to say...the fast does help your body poop better and more "crap" from your body.  As I stated in previous posts, I have always been a very regular guy.  Never had any problems and always pooped regularly.  But now I know I am pooping great.  Everything seems to come out and I feel a noticeably lighter feeling and feel the toxins/waste from my body get flushed away.  Weird...maybe it is a placebo thing but I def feel a difference after I poop.  Who knows....

Anyways, I will do a post again in a month.  So on September 8  which is a Saturday..so I may do it Friday or Monday...I will recap a MONTH post cleanse and see if I can keep this weight off.  We shall see.

Last little bit of motivation...pretty much across the board I have been getting huge compliments from everyone I see.  My face and belly have dramatically shrunk and lots of people have noticed.  That is a great motivator...and the clothes def fit better.  I am wearing a Penguin polo shirt at work today that used to be a tad SNUG..I felt a little uncomfortable in it...as it was so SMEDIUM it was just tight on me...now this morning as I am typing this it fits perfect...and looks great.  That makes this all worth it.  Chat again in a month folks!!

No comments: