Saturday, July 14, 2012

New Whip *updated*

Quick life update...I finally made a leap and got financing for a new used car for myself.  I simply could not be driving my poor 1985 Mazda RX7 every single day.  That poor car needs to chill and be driven on weekends and cruises not being abused on city streets, bumping along with NO AIR CONDITIONING.

I had my eye on my friend Allison's car and after 3 years of yapping I was finally able to pick up the car.

Here are the specs:

2002 BMW E46 330Ci
Titanium Silver on Black Leather
Auto
48,192 miles upon pick up
Premium Package w HK Sound

and best part among the insanely low miles is the car is 10000% unmolested OEM bone stock.  NOTHING has been altered or done to the car.  It is in PRISTINE condition!

Here are pics:

2002 E46 330Ci

2002 E46 330Ci

2002 E46 330Ci

2002 E46 330Ci

I just got a clean bill of health from my mechanic.  The car is perfect inside and out.  I just did a major service so it is good to go for awhile.  Oil, all filters, spark plugs, brake fluid flush, diff oil etc. "Inspection Service II" was done early.  Per dealer spec is would of been due at 60K, but since the car has been sitting so much a few of the filters were just filthy so we decided to move ahead with the complete service.  Next oil change is 58K and next major service is 78K.  Not too shabby!  Very pleased.

I have some plans for it....small details and some wheels and suspension etc.  I will document it all for all of you!

I am going to change the lights right away.  The OEM Halogens have to go and fast. I will be upgrading to HID projectors and angel eyes retrofit.  Also my interior lights should be going to LEDs by this evening! The kit came in this morning.  I will swapping out all the interior lights as soon as I get home from work. I also will be switching out my rear tails for the upgraded LEDs.  


Another thing is OEM M3 mirrors.  I have a potential seller that is local and will do the install, so I just need to shell out the cash.  Sigh...it is a process!  But it is fun nonetheless....MODDING CARS IS IN OUR CODE OUR DNA!  I cant be driving a stock car right?

Here is a pic a friend's OLD car...he owned this a while ago but shows/gives and idea of where I want mine to sit.:



Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

David said...

Good to see your pleasure! It's really a big relief to get a positive response from the doctor and the mechanic for the huge save of money ;)). Hope your journey will be much enjoyable as your wish. Good luck and thanks for sharing.
used cars

Jackson Smith said...

I am very happy to find this type of blog and therefore, thanks for sharing the information. aylesbury taxis