Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day WOD - 05/13/2012

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!

This Sunday was special...not only was it Mother's Day but my homie Phil came all the way to So Pas to train with me and my coach.  Good times for sure.

Here is what I did...Phil did a slightly different workout.

WARM UP
Jump Rope/DU practice
Row 500m -2:00.5
Stretching

WOD

Dead Lift (Sumo) x 5 of everything below
95lbs
135lbs
185lbs
225lbs
255lbs
275lbs (got real sloppy here...Coach had to make me stop)

5 x behind neck press/shoulders to over head @ 95lbs (have to lift from floor, I snatched it)
10 x burpees
7:41

I am very happy I did it under 8 mins.  Coach was pleased too although he did not say it. He wanted me to finish in under 8.  I found out that as RXed is 185lbs.  Everything else is correct...there is NO WAY I can press 185 over my head...no way.  Too much...for now.

Phil did a bunch of deadlifts too but he was doing more technical lifts.  After for his conditioning he had to run about 400m, 5 pull ups and 10 push ups at a 90% effort for 5 rounds.  Phil is a pretty fit guy and he was GASSED!!!  WHOOO!  Muscle Failure...his last couple push ups were just brutal.

All in all a great workout with a good friend that had a good experience and learned something today.  Helping him prep for his first half marathon and his mountain biking.

Great mother's day for sure!

No comments: