Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Weekend LACMA visit

Yes my fair readers I have been lagging a bit. I have excuses though...number one I was sick all last week.  I got sick at work on Wednesday and had to leave work. Came home slept all night and stayed home on Thursday too.  Ugh...just no good. I felt OK enough to trudge into work on Friday and then even made myself go to the gym Saturday morning for a half assed workout.  So yeah..that is the reason for no blogging.

But it is worth the wait as I have some cool images to share.  On Saturday my girl and I headed to LACMA to see 2 Latin themed exhibits now showing at LACMA.  One is the IN WONDERLAND exhibit which is surreal women artists in Mexico and Americas.  The main draw here was Frida Kahlo and her art.  My girl loves her art and this was the main reason we came to see some of Frida's art.  But the show overall was great and we saw alot of great art.  Check the pics!


IMG_2438

One of our faves...the 2 Fridas...

IMG_2445

IMG_2446

another iconic Frida piece...

IMG_2449

another piece that was eerie but cool

IMG_2443

Diego Rivera and Frida Kahlo

IMG_2458

more great pieces from the exhibit

IMG_2464

IMG_2475

IMG_2481

IMG_2493

After this exhibit we also went to see the CHILDREN OF THE PLUMED SERPENT exhibit...this was ancient art and pieces from Mexico and surrounding...it was very cool!

IMG_2503

IMG_2505

IMG_2507

IMG_2511

IMG_2531

IMG_2536

great afternoon of looking at art and being inspired!  Good times for sure!

No comments: