Monday, April 30, 2012

NYC - Momofuku run

Happy Monday!  I flew into NYC on the red eye last night for an internal meeting with my team.  I am literally here just for the day.  I have to fly back tomorrow morning and basically get right back to work once I get home.

The one thing about getting to NYC is seeing my East Coast colleague and making her take me to foodie spots that I have read about.  Since I only had ONE meal in the city I had to pick.  I had one place I wanted to go and try.  MOMOFUKU...I needed to try his ramen and other goodies.  I even brought my cook book as well as my Lucky Peach #1 JUST IN CASE David was in the restaurant.  Sadly he was not there...oh well.  I would of been mad if I saw him and I had nothing for him to sign.  Let's get to the food!

IMG_2738

IMG_2717

IMG_2716

I went here with my colleague Karina....we got to order a couple dishes to try.

IMG_2718

Right here...the BOMB...seriously the best thing I have eaten in months....so good.

Pork Buns
IMG_2722

IMG_2723

IMG_2724

man I am still drooling thinking about these...so damn good.

moving on to the next thing...Cauliflower..

IMG_2725

these were super yummy too.  Very flavorful.

IMG_2726

Next we had the Smoked Chicken Wings

IMG_2728

oh man...look at the pics...they were fall of the bone tender...

IMG_2729

IMG_2732

Karina ordered the Chicken Miso Ramen..

IMG_2733

I ordered the standard house special Momofuku Ramen....

IMG_2735

IMG_2736

The ramen is good...top 5 good...I am afraid to say it...Santouka has more flavor.  But it is a good rich broth and super fresh.  It is by no means bad...just not as awesome as I wished it could of been.  Is it worth 16 bucks?  Probably not.....

we passed by saam bar...so I had to take a pic...we were on the our way to MILK BAR!!!

IMG_2745

IMG_2746

cookies

IMG_2751

Have to have the crack pie...
IMG_2754

IMG_2756

Cookies

IMG_2760


I cannot wait to share and enjoy these when I get home!  Definitely delicious.  Excellent experience going to all his restaurants.

No comments: