Saturday, January 28, 2012

Hiking in LA - Lave ave/Pasadena

OK OK...I know it is super annoying to "Love LA" outside of So Cal.  But really...we are the best when it comes to perfect..and I literally mean perfect weather.  Here we are at the end of January...I can post this little trip...

Lake Ave/Pasadena Hike to the top!
There is a trail here in Pasadena at the top of Lake Ave.  It takes you all the way to the top of old hotel ruins.  Apparently the hotel burned downed 2xs and the second time they just did not rebuild it.  It is a gorgeous site and a great workout.  2.7 miles ONE WAY...so almost 6 miles round trip and a few hours kicking your butt.  Here are some highlights.

The entrance
IMG_1973

Shots on the way up and up....

IMG_1982

IMG_1975

proof my fat ass hiked up 2.7 miles...ugh...

IMG_1983

old railway that took you to the hotel...

IMG_1987

IMG_1988

left over rail junk...

IMG_1989

IMG_1990

IMG_1995


IMG_1997

IMG_2001

Hard work getting up there but it was worth it once I got there.  Good stuff and great times. I am glad my girl made me go all the way up!

No comments: