Sunday, January 8, 2012

Brutal WOD - 1/8/2011

Today's workout...made me think of a great movie and a great scene in that great movie.  Who loves MY COUSIN VINNY?  So remember this scene when Vinny goes to the red neck to collect the $200...they get into a conversation and Vinny says:

Oh, a counter-offer. That's what we lawyers - I'm a lawyer - we lawyers call that a counter-offer. This is a tough decision here. Get my ass kicked or collect $200. Let me think... I could use a good ass-kickin', I'll be very honest with you... nah, I think I'll just go with the two hundred. 


I guess today was the day, I needed a GOOD ASS KICKING....my friend May and I did almost the same workout.  Here it is:


MAY's WOD
20 minutes AMRAP (As Many Rounds As Possible)
20 x thrusters @ 75#
20 x pull ups
20 x burpees


MY WOD
20 minutes AMRAP
20 x thrusters @ 115#
20 calorie row
20 x burpees


We both were able to complete 2 full rounds and a few thrusters.  I was able to get 7 before the 20 minutes and I think May was able to get over 10.  Not sure...but that was the hardest 20 minutes in a long time.  What a way to start the new year.  It was BRUTAL...I expect this Wednesday's GRACE attempt to be just as bad.  May and both are going to do it and get a baseline to try to improve.  We shall see!

No comments: