Sunday, November 27, 2011

Sak Yant - Paed Tidt (8 Directional)

Wanted to give some more info on my second yant or sacred tattoo. This second one I have is called a YANT PAED TIDT or the 8 Directional Yant. This is the traditional "next" yant you get after getting the one I already have. I went in with ZERO idea of what to get. I left it 100% on the monk to give me whatever he wanted. He selected this one which made sense as this is the next one...I am very pleased! IMG_1076 This is my Monk..that placed the Yant on me. IMG_1038 Here is the offering... IMG_1041 IMG_1045 IMG_1049 IMG_1058 IMG_1063 THANK YOU! MonkYant This tattoo is meant to protect the wearer wherever they may go. Wherever I travel I will be protected. Here is some more info I picked off from the web. The Kata is written in a circle around the centre of the Yant,and reads as follows; I Ra Chaa Ka Tha Ra Saa Thi Hang Ja Thoe Roe Ti Nang Bi Sam Ra Loe Bu Sath Put Soe Maa Na Ga Ri Taa Toe Pa Sam Sam Wich Sa Tae Pa Ka Put Ban Tuu Tam Wa Ka Waa Toe Noe A Ma Ma Waa A Wich Su Nuch Saa Nuth Thi It is representative of the 8 directions of the Universe and has a kata to protect you in each direction you may travel in. Paed Tidt’ or Eight Direction Yant is a sacred Geometric Yant containing eight Mantras written in 2 concentric circles in the centre of the design. The design of the Paed Tidt Yant also incorporates eight representations of the Buddha. These are the groups of 3 ovals each increasing in size from the top. In Thailand, there is a Buddha image, each one in a different pose, for every day of the week. (On Wednesdays there are 2 Buddhas, one for the morning and one for the evening) and these 8 Buddha Images can be seen in many Thai temples, usually surrounding a Chedi. The peaks of the Paed Tidt Tattoo symbols the 8 directions of out universum. It is a stong protection tattoo, which protects you specially when you are on a journey. For every cardinal direction there is a special Kata to pray, to activate the power of the tattoo. here is video of the tattoo process...let me tell you, IT HURT ALOT...alot more than a traditional tattoo gun. Maybe I am just a wimp...

Sak Yant Tattoo - November 2011 from The Der on Vimeo.

No comments: