Sunday, November 20, 2011

Day 1 - Ho Chi Minh

Sunday November 20, 2011 - Day 1 Today was the first day of my vacation in about 5 years. The last time I traveled was back in 2007 so this was a long time coming. I left LAX on Friday 11/18 for a 15 hour flight to HK with a connecting to HCM in 2 hours which was a 2 hour flight. I finally arrived in HCM around 11AM. During my lay over in HK, I needed a snack... IMG_0419 Oh man this was gooood. The Chinese know their bread with condensed milk. I had a milk tea to go with it and yes it tastes better here than back home...or maybe it is in my head. I arrive in HCM and get a cab to my hotel. I think I got jacked on my cab...in fact I know I did. I should of just went to the stand than follow that dude for his cab. I guess chalk it up to a donation. Dont want to knock the hustle...I guess for everyone of me that pays too much there are a bunch of others that he dont get. Anyways...I arrive here: IMG_0421 This is located in District 3 which is in between the main parts of District 1 and Chinatown in District 5 and 6. It had very good reviews on Trip Advisor and they have that standard free breakfast and their own tours. So I sign up on my tours. I have the next 3 mornings full of tours. I walk around looking around the hotel and see if what is nearby. front of the hotel IMG_0422 I was hungry now as you can imagine so I walked into this place that looked very busy...so why not. I wanted to try the Vietnamese "pancake" as I figured there will be plenty of opportunities to have Pho here. In fact I can have some tomorrow for breakfast downstairs. Beef noodles and veggies IMG_0424 and then this huge thing... IMG_0426 IMG_0427 random walking around shots IMG_0429 IMG_0430 IMG_0431 IMG_0432 IMG_0434 I cant wait for more of what this city has to offer!

2 comments:

Photography by Hamilton said...

Have fun brother.

Roxanne Bonar said...

Wow, Irv. Your first day there sounds pretty fun. The pictures looks authentic and so.... Third world? Hehehehe... I cant wait to read more. Are you there alone or are you meeting any future wives out there?

Seems like the food will be great there since I heard Vietnam is becoming one of the foodie capital of the world. I heard you must try this place where they throw rice and clay pots in the air.

Aft Vietnam, where are you going?