Sunday, August 28, 2011

FGB - Hell

I did it...almost did NOT but I did it.


Here is a refresher on what FIGHT GONE BAD is...since I know you all are too lazy to go back to my previous post.  This is a crossfit set that was made for MMA fighter BJ Penn.  The story goes that he wanted a exercise set that would mimic a pro MMA fight. Help him train strength, dynamic movement, speed, endurance etc.  So after he did the exercise, they asked him...so what did you think? His reply was...that was like a FIGHT GONE BAD.  Thus this workout is known as FIGHT GONE BAD.


from the crossfit FAQ:

In this workout you move from each of five stations after a minute. This is a five-minute round from which a one-minute break is allowed before repeating. We've used this in 3 and 5 round versions. The stations are:
  1. Wall-ball: 20 pound ball, 10 ft target. (Reps)
  2. Sumo deadlift high-pull: 75 pounds (Reps)
  3. Box Jump: 20" box (Reps)
  4. Push-press: 75 pounds (Reps)
  5. Row: calories (Calories)
The clock does not reset or stop between exercises. On call of "rotate," the athlete/s must move to next station immediately for good score. One point is given for each rep, except on the rower where each calorie is one point.




There is this event in mid Sep that I wanted to try...so I need to start training for it.  It is called FGB6 and it is all for charity and a bunch of bad ass crossfit gyms do it and it is a huge crossfit lovefest.  So here is my score....



I wanted to break 200...but I could not.

I was going to DIE...I literally almost died. I could not get enough air in my chest, I could not breath. I was ready to give up.  But my friend and coach for this endeavor would not let me. I just kept going.  I did not think I could...but now I know what my capabilities are and I have a solid plan on what is next.  I need to train much harder on wall balls and box jumps.  2 things I pretty much already knew what I needed to do.

All I have to say..that was the HARDEST 17 minutes of y my life.  It defined brutal...and my body has never felt that way before.  It was crazy.

I am hoping to up my score to at least 200.  Let's see what happens.


No comments: