Sunday, July 31, 2011

Lau Bian Dumplings

For dinner went to try another one of Jonathan Gold's recco. Lau Bian Dumplings. The funny thing is the dumplings is not what you have here. His reccos was the spicy chili garlic lamb chops as well as their northern style spicy beef stew noodles. Here is what we had...

IMG_9163

here is the onion pancake. Pretty standard and it was not too bad.

IMG_9167

Spicy Garlic Chili Lamb Chops

IMG_9169

umm...yeah...these were GOOOOOOOOD. Def spicy but very flavorful.

IMG_9172

Brutal...

IMG_9173

then the noodles came....

IMG_9174

IMG_9175

now this was very spicy. Pretty much to spicy in my opinion. It was so spicy the flavor was lost...I ate and it was not bad per se...it was simply the chilis overtook the whole dish. All I could taste was the heat.

IMG_9179

I am happy I tried and the lamb chops are worth a second visit...but I may try their Dan Dan Mein next time.

No comments: