Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Bike - Mega Millions

I went to play the Bicycle Club's Mega Millions tourney this afternoon. It was a $100+25 buy in and a add on of $100 would give you double chips. Total investment $225.

I got knocked out at the end of level 7 and end of level 8 would of been break. Before this hand I won a double up and had slightly less than average stack.

The blinds are 400/200 with a 50 ante. I am in late position with KK.  1 limper, rest fold to me. I raise it to 1500. Folds to SB who calls. Folds...it is now heads up to the flop.  Flop comes: 2 7 4 and I do not recall the suits. I seem to remember 1 red card and 2 black cards. Again, not too sure. Anyways...the SB raises to 3000, I shove and he insta-calls me and flips over J7 of clubs. I pretty much have him dominated. He has the top pair with a J kicker vs my kings. The turn is a blank....then.

the....river...


wait...


wait for it....


wait....


river is a 7.

Bye Bye me when the trips 7 beats my pocket Kings.  So is the game of poker.  I am not sad or disappointed. I played correctly and did everything right, getting my money in there at the right time.  If I had won that hand it would of given me chips to get much farther.  Oh wells...what are you going to do?  That's poker. I would take those odds anytime....crazy loss.

No comments: