Saturday, April 9, 2011

DTLA Food Adventures: Part 2 @ Nickel Diner

After stuffing our face from Paul's Kitchen (please see previous post) we decided that since we were in the area we wanted to go try the bacon maple donut at NICKEL DINER. Off we went...

Nickel diner

Nickel diner

tons of hipsters...maybe a little much...but oh well. Whatcha gonna do?

mint lemonade

THE BEST..can I repeat myself? THE BEST DRINK IN THE WORLD! The Nickel Cafe house made MINT LEMONADE IS DEEEEELICIOUS!!!! It is sooooo fresh and refreshing...it is just the best. Seriously...this drink is the Ferrari/Lambo of lemonades. SO GOOD.

house made exotic cheesecake sampler

This was a trio of small cheesecakes served as a sampler...I only liked one. The other too was too "cheesy?" and too salty for my taste. I want sweet cheesecake..not a savory bleu cheese one...it was just not for me. The owner or manager came by saw that we did not finish all of our cheesecake and said they were experimenting with the sampler and since we did not like it she COMPED it. What? HOW NICE! That alone makes me want to come back here and give her my business. She did not have to do that...such a class act. THANK YOU for that.

house made apple pop tart

house made apple pop tart

This was the star of the night. This house made "pop tart" was soooo good. Apple pop tart never tasted like this.

red velvet cake

red velvet cake

This red velvet cake was moist and flavorful. You can taste how fresh it is. The whipped cream cheese frosting had small chocolate crunchies inside and made the cake that much better. It was really delicious.

My friend and I have decided we need to come back and have a meal. The diner food on the menu sounded great so we are planning on coming back for sure.

oh yeah..no donut, they were out. So we are coming back for that no matter what.

No comments: