Monday, March 21, 2011

www.tigerdirect.com SUCKS!!!! DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!!!

DO NOT ORDER from them! www.tigerdirect.com sucks ass.




OK...so my 50" LG Plasma from 2004 finally took a dump. I have been w/o a TV now for a little over a month. I have been patient knowing deals pop up all the time and set up email alerts on Slickdeals and Techbargains etc. Check woot, and 1 sale a day etc...pretty much trolling looking for a deal. I do not need a super high end tv. I just want a mid level decent plasma/lcd to replace mine. simple..no 3D, no elaborate home theater baller status. Just a dang tv.



I found a great deal on slickdeals, $749 off of BUY.COM, free ground shipping and w tax came out to $800. It was a LG plasma 50" simple simple. I placed the order on 3/5. I figured it should be coming in this week so I track status...THE ORDER WAS CANCELED!



I called Buy.com CS and they tell me TIGERDIRECT the vendor canceled the order and no other infor was available. I WAS/AM PISSED! WTF? Cancel my order and no info? Where is the customer service? Email me and say we are sorry but the TV you ordered is no longer available..here are some options right? NO NOTHING. I heard nothing.



I emailed them and got some crap reply that LG stopped making that model. Funny thing is after googling some deals, this SAME TV was on sale as soon as 3/17 on the discount websites. CRAP.



SO PISSED right now. I have to look for another tv now...I have FBed and Tweeted this...I am on a campaign to let everyone know my horrible customer service experience. Bastards. They lucky they do not have a FB page. I would eff their wall up something fierce.



Anyways...DO NOT ORDER FROM WWW.TIGERDIRECT.COM!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

December 2013, TD still having the SAME ASS problem. I mean, they are Computer literate, caliber company. More like a Bait and Switch. TD wants to become #1 crappy service side-by-side to ComCrap.

Jack Hall said...

I placed an order for a dell tablet. The money was taken out of my account, then deposited back into my account about a week later. When I checked the status of the order, it said "cancelled". After waiting on hold with their customer service line for 35 minutes, the lady who answered told me that it was cancelled because they were "unable to verify the information needed to process the order". In broken english, she tried to explain to me that because they were unable to verify who i was, they cancelled the order for safety purposes? I don't even think she knew what was going on. I will never shop with tigerdirect ever again, and I will tell everyone I know to avoid this joke of a website at all costs. Merry Christmas

Anonymous said...

What's funny is that their executives, the three Fiorentino brothers are a bunch of crooks...
http://www.newsday.com/business/ex-systemax-exec-pleads-not-guilty-in-bribery-1.5648672

Cowboysdude said...

Tiger Direct is a horrible company. They don't honor the prices they have on their own site!!! When you call them on the phone and tell them about a price on the site... you get 'we can't do that.' HELLO it's on your own site... WTF?