Saturday, January 29, 2011

My Fave Taco Stand - Highland Park, CA

I have been here 4 times in the last week.  Yes...Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and tonight...Saturday.  The pork...Al Pastor.  BOMB.  Period.

Deep in the heart of my hood...Highland Park.  York and Figueroa.  I found this place one evening, I was working late and finally getting home around 830PM.  I was hungry and felt like tacos.  I was interested in trying the MANY pop up stands in the neighborhood.  This was close and exactly on my way home so I gave it a shot.  I was not disappointed.  I originally ordered 2 Al Pastor and 2 Carne Asada.  The asada was OK...but the star was the Al Pastor...the pork is so good.

 Mystery meat...I think there is some tongue in there and tripe and other bits....I passed on all that.
 Right here...this is the business!
 goodies for your tacos...lemon, cilantro, onion, salsa, radish, cucumbers.....
 Grilling it hood style!
 $1 each...no way you can beat that.  Del Taco, Taco Bell or even JITB...can't beat these.

 I killed these badboys.....LOVE THEM!

1 comment:

dilutedmagnetics said...

Sure looks good. Tongue is an acquired taste. You should try it sometime :)