Monday, December 27, 2010

Dog Haus - Pasadena, CA

I have heard about this place from a couple friends.  Finally got to try it out today.  I met up with Norvin, Gabe and Leelana for a lunch gtg and to try this place.  Man oh man....now Slaw Dogs is literally down the street, maybe 2-3 miles away on Lake.  Not far at all and everyone thought Slaw Dogs was the shizzle.  But this place definitely will give it a run for the money.  #1 - KINGS HAWAIIAN BREAD.  That is all that needs to be said.


 yeah baby....homie dont play.  This is the GRAND SLAM.  Which is a 100% beef skinless hot dog, with tater tots, a fried egg, bacon all inside King's Hawaiian rolls that serve as the bun.  DROOOOL....wow oh wow.  The Chili cheese fries were ok too...but seriously, after reading the Yelp review, I thought to myself, what is the big deal with KHB right? A few other places use it like food trucks etc so I was not expecting too much.  BUT DAMN.....
 Those toasted rolls are AMAZING for the hot dog.  It gives just enough sweet before you hit the savory.  I am a believer now.  Everything pretty much tastes better with a fried egg on top and King's Hawaiian Bread.  Seriously....


 damn that is one good hot dog.  Like my friend Norvin said..it tastes like breakfast....100% agreed.


Tater tots...who know they could make a hot dog so great?

No comments: