Sunday, October 3, 2010

Once in a lifetime flop....

Typical Saturday night game at Dave's with the usual crew.  We were 10 handed, .25/.50 blinds with a minimum $25 buy in.  Timing was right before midnight on 10/02/10.  I was dealt the Queen/Jack of diamonds.  I was on the button and raised to $2.50 in a limped pot of 4 players. Everyone calls. I flop the stone cold nuts...ROYAL FLUSH.  I raised and get called on the turn, raise again on the river and get called....I was lucky "the villain" in this hand had the nut straight but if I had the flush I would of won anyways.  Either way....flopping a royal flush does not happen often.  I got this from a forum...I of course did NOT write this:

Consider the 3 flop cards and your 2 hole cards all together, there are only 4 combinations of 5 cards that make a royal flush (one for each suit). There are 52c5 = 2,598,960 combinations of 5 cards, so the probability of flopping a royal flush is 4 / 2,598,960 = 1 / 649,740.
It was pretty cool....something I can wipe off the bucket list I guess. "I have flopped a royal flush."  As they say....SO SICK!

No comments: