Saturday, February 13, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Tonight is Chinese New Year's eve, which means dinner at home. Mom went to Chinatown all morning to grab everything and she spend the afternoon cooking and prepping everything. Here is the CNY dinner spread...very typical new year's fare...at least in my household. I grew up eating all of the below every CNY.

This is a shot of my mom's table in her living room. I am sure all my fellow Chinese peeps will recognize like everything in the pic. All symbolic and all meaningful stuff....


You have the lucky candy, the pomelos, apples and new year's cakes and desserts.

Here is the standard chicken..and yes Asian chicken has a head and feet and it is all included in the dish.



This is a detail shot of the chicken...

This is the clear rice noodle. Many of my Pinoy/Pinays will def recognize the noodles....

This is the CNY soup my mom always makes for us. It has napa cabbage, mushrooms, dried oysters and a bunch of other "secret mom stuff" in it.


This is a rack of BBQ Chinese spare ribs...my fave.

a detail shot...


Here is the Chinese BBQ pork. Again Pinoys and Pinays will recognize!


mmm mmm mmm....crispy...and tasty...


Steamed whole fish...

And here is the table spread. I think next year we need to get mom a larger foldable table. The one we have been using is getting too small.


Here is to a start of a great new year with great things. Happy New Year!

No comments: